Partner Municipality of Rijswijk
The largest business parks in Rijswijk, Plaspoelpolder, Broekpolder and Hoornwijck, are exceptionally accessible due to the extended A4 and A13. However, there appears to be a mismatch between the regional economic profile of Rijswijk and its public transport development. If, for instance, the regional transformation of the Plaspoelpolder into a mixed urban area strongly increases the traffic and parking load in the upcoming years, Rijswijk considers it socially and economically desirable to strengthen the public transport development and to stimulate public transport use. Rijswijk is researching options for strengthening its public transport development and is including automated transport in its research.
In the context of the National Smart City Living Lab, many tests with sensors have been performed in Rijswijk. The collaboration with RADD can be a useful supplement to that.
IN THE MEDIA
- THE GREEN VILLAGE: AN INNOVATIVE TESTING GROUND Published in: Cobouw
- THE NETHERLANDS ‘BEST PREPARED’ FOR AUTONOMOUS CARS, CYCLISTS MAKE ARRIVAL DIFFICULT Published in: NOS
- SENSOR USE WITH AUTONOMOUS VEHICLES Published in: De Volkskrant
- COMEDIAN PIETER JOUKE SEES POSSIBILITIES Published in: delft.nl
- RIJKSOVERHEID.NL: SPEECH BY MINISTER SCHULTZ VAN HAEGEN AT THE OPENING OF THE SMART MOBILITY RESEARCH LAB Published in: Rijksoverheid.nl
- VR and Field Study to analyse interaction between pedestrians and autonomous vehicles Published on: Friday 22 February 2019
- Folluw up research car sickness Published on: Wednesday 19 December 2018
- Wanted: Research Opportunity at RADD Published on: Wednesday 07 February 2018
- Bikesim Published on: Monday 23 October 2017
- Opening of Researchlab Automated Driving Delft Published on: Saturday 24 June 2017