Do automated vehicles operate in traffic on public roads?
Automated vehicles are not permitted to drive on public roads in the Netherlands without additional action. Legislation must be modified for this situation.
In order to drive using automated vehicles, exemptions are required from the road administrator (municipality, province, and/or the national government) and the RDW (Dutch driver and vehicle licensing agency). Standard procedures have been developed for RADD in order to obtain exemptions as smoothly as possible. Of course, this is always done while observing the necessary degree of care. Safety is the highest priority for all of our partners.
IN THE MEDIA
- VR and Field Study to analyse interaction between pedestrians and autonomous vehicles Published on: Friday 22 February 2019
- Folluw up research car sickness Published on: Wednesday 19 December 2018
- Wanted: Research Opportunity at RADD Published on: Wednesday 07 February 2018
- Bikesim Published on: Monday 23 October 2017
- Opening of Researchlab Automated Driving Delft Published on: Saturday 24 June 2017