On this page, you will find the answers to frequently asked questions about RADD. These are questions regarding the Researchlab Automated Driving Delft, laws and regulations, privacy, safety, and routes & navigation.
About Researchlab Automated Driving Delft
What kind of vehicles drive in the area?
Can an automated vehicle anticipate sudden changes?
Why is automated driving important?
When will automated vehicles be driving around campus?
Can the measurement equipment and cameras recognise faces?
How are images and information stored?
Route and navigation
Where do the automated vehicles drive?
How do automated vehicles find their way around campus?
Are the vehicles safe without a driver?
WetLegislation and regulations
Do automated vehicles operate in traffic on public roads?
Does the law have to be modified?
Who is responsible in the event of an accident? What kind of insurance coverage does TU Delft have?
IN THE MEDIA
- THE GREEN VILLAGE: AN INNOVATIVE TESTING GROUND Published in: Cobouw
- THE NETHERLANDS ‘BEST PREPARED’ FOR AUTONOMOUS CARS, CYCLISTS MAKE ARRIVAL DIFFICULT Published in: NOS
- SENSOR USE WITH AUTONOMOUS VEHICLES Published in: De Volkskrant
- COMEDIAN PIETER JOUKE SEES POSSIBILITIES Published in: delft.nl
- RIJKSOVERHEID.NL: SPEECH BY MINISTER SCHULTZ VAN HAEGEN AT THE OPENING OF THE SMART MOBILITY RESEARCH LAB Published in: Rijksoverheid.nl
- VR and Field Study to analyse interaction between pedestrians and autonomous vehicles Published on: Friday 22 February 2019
- Folluw up research car sickness Published on: Wednesday 19 December 2018
- Wanted: Research Opportunity at RADD Published on: Wednesday 07 February 2018
- Bikesim Published on: Monday 23 October 2017
- Opening of Researchlab Automated Driving Delft Published on: Saturday 24 June 2017