Where do the automated vehicles drive?
RADD is based on the TU Delft campus. There are various testing locations in this area.
- The Green Village:
This is a closed environment (private property). No separate exemptions must be obtained for this location.
- The Esplanade:
A pedestrian and cyclist zone on the TU Delft campus. This is a public road. It is located to the north of Kruithuisweg.
Upon request, it is also possible to perform tests at other locations on and off campus.
Depending on the location, it may be visibly indicated where testing will be performed. For safety, these areas will be cordoned off. Of course, residents will be informed if their street is involved.
IN THE MEDIA
- THE GREEN VILLAGE: AN INNOVATIVE TESTING GROUND Published in: Cobouw
- THE NETHERLANDS ‘BEST PREPARED’ FOR AUTONOMOUS CARS, CYCLISTS MAKE ARRIVAL DIFFICULT Published in: NOS
- SENSOR USE WITH AUTONOMOUS VEHICLES Published in: De Volkskrant
- COMEDIAN PIETER JOUKE SEES POSSIBILITIES Published in: delft.nl
- RIJKSOVERHEID.NL: SPEECH BY MINISTER SCHULTZ VAN HAEGEN AT THE OPENING OF THE SMART MOBILITY RESEARCH LAB Published in: Rijksoverheid.nl
- VR and Field Study to analyse interaction between pedestrians and autonomous vehicles Published on: Friday 22 February 2019
- Folluw up research car sickness Published on: Wednesday 19 December 2018
- Wanted: Research Opportunity at RADD Published on: Wednesday 07 February 2018
- Bikesim Published on: Monday 23 October 2017
- Opening of Researchlab Automated Driving Delft Published on: Saturday 24 June 2017