Partner Municipality of Leiden
The Municipality of Leiden, together with local stakeholders, is an initiator for projects in the field of autonomous transport, with the goal of developing knowledge in the field of autonomous transport with regard to first and last-mile transport.
In order to be able to implement autonomous transport as a full-fledged solution in the traffic system in the long run, it is important that there be sufficient locations for testing. The aim is to provide technology with the potential to come to fruition. It is not a task that can be shouldered only by the government or the business community. The Municipality of Leiden, along with local stakeholders, is committed to answering the knowledge questions regarding technology.
The Bio Science Park (BSP) in Leiden would like to provide the space for innovative concepts to be tested in practice and for this, offers a testing area, where concepts will have the potential to develop into thorough solutions for last-mile transport issues in the long run. Special research questions for the BSP are the transport of disabled target groups to and from the hospital and the integration of roundabouts with mixed traffic in automated transport routes.
IN THE MEDIA
- THE GREEN VILLAGE: AN INNOVATIVE TESTING GROUND Published in: Cobouw
- THE NETHERLANDS ‘BEST PREPARED’ FOR AUTONOMOUS CARS, CYCLISTS MAKE ARRIVAL DIFFICULT Published in: NOS
- SENSOR USE WITH AUTONOMOUS VEHICLES Published in: De Volkskrant
- COMEDIAN PIETER JOUKE SEES POSSIBILITIES Published in: delft.nl
- RIJKSOVERHEID.NL: SPEECH BY MINISTER SCHULTZ VAN HAEGEN AT THE OPENING OF THE SMART MOBILITY RESEARCH LAB Published in: Rijksoverheid.nl
- VR and Field Study to analyse interaction between pedestrians and autonomous vehicles Published on: Friday 22 February 2019
- Folluw up research car sickness Published on: Wednesday 19 December 2018
- Wanted: Research Opportunity at RADD Published on: Wednesday 07 February 2018
- Bikesim Published on: Monday 23 October 2017
- Opening of Researchlab Automated Driving Delft Published on: Saturday 24 June 2017